Why do people believe in ghost they dont' see, but can't believe there is a GOD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Great question---had to give you a Bump. Um...maybe because God isn't moving their stuff around or opening and closing doors in the middle of the night? lol. Don't know since I do believe in God...it's the ghosties that I've yet to see hard evidence for.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow look at all the namecalling from so called christians. Yea, makes me want to believe in their god..they seem like such loving people. /sarcasm.

Anyway, I believe in the energy we are made up of, and it continues on in the Universe once our physical body passes. It's so much something you see (although you can at times) but something you can feel at times.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm Atheist and I believe in 'ghosts'. I think there is a NATURAL AND SCIENTIFIC explanation for them: we are all made of energy and when we die, our bodies rot and the energy remains behind. If that energy was strong in life, so it will be in death and because of it's strength, it might be able to manifest and/or manipulate surroundings and objects.

There is actually more evidence for 'ghosts' than there is for god...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I've only met like 1 or 2 people who didn't believe in a higher power, but did believe in "ghosts". But, they didn't believe ghosts were departed people, they believed it was the energy present in a certain place that lingered. I believe in all deities (as in I believe they're all valid) and entities that exist outside our plane of existence, such as the spirits of people and energy manifestations, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't believe in either so I couldn't tell you.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It can go the other way too. People believe in God but not Ghosts and you can't see either. Personally I don't believe in either one.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I believe "ghost" is nothing more than energy and perhaps the theory that it is from a human could be correct. That is how I view what some consdier "god" that it is nothing more than the energy-the universe really. I do not believe in a physical god that interferes with people's lives like the bible teaches.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• "Because they're dumb, hun " - SMIT xsM2

really?!?!?!! wow...

**********
    I believe there are things in the world that we don't understand (yet). Why can I believe that and not in a God? Because it's not the same thing at all. No one has ever claimed that a spirit or ghost or whatever created the world and all things in it, and don't do the things that are attributed to God(s) so I see it as completely different
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't really believe in either, at least not in the ways that most people mean. I'm a Naturalistic Pantheist, and do not believe in personal god(s) at all. I do believe that the 'feeling of God' many people have is equivalent to the forces of Nature (e.g. energy, the Tao, etc.) or what makes up the entire Universe. It's about as personal as physics if you think about it, but I do feel an interconnectedness to all living things and the earth and have reverence and awe for Nature. So, essentially, I think everything is 'divine' in a sense, and that we're all part of 'God' or the Universe. I do not believe in anything supernatural, including ghosts, spirits, anthropomorphic gods, etc. We may not understand everything, but I believe there are natural explanations for everything. I accept that energy is neither created nor destroyed, so maybe some unexplained phenomena has something to do with energy changing forms.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Why do so many people believe in a God that NOONE has EVER seen, but then they don't believe in Ghosts which many people have seen?

OR Why do so many people who believe in God then deny the possibility of more that one?

Simple answer? Because we all see things differently!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011