Is there a food or drink that helps with conceiving?

Was just wondering if there was a food or drink that could help with conceiving.

chey88

Asked by chey88 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• They actually say the more you stress about trying to conceive the harder it is. I mean really, if you think about it how many "planned" pregnancies have you heard about? Mine wasn't planned. I have heard of people taking prenatals while trying to get pregnant I have no idea if it works but its always worth a shot =) good luck!
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Anything that helps you to relax to get the job done. Certain foods are natural aphrodisiacs like bananas & honey. What's really important more than food is the timing. Whatever you do try not to get stressed over it. Babies come when they are ready. I've had my share of hormone issues. It took 10 years for me to have my second baby. All of a sudden I was pregnant and in a state of shock. But hopefully you will not have to wait that long! If you like wine, then have some. Most importantly, don't let it become like a mechanical-clockwork part of your life where you purely are there only to conceive. I had a friend who did that, and she was devastated every month by negative pregnancy tests. She had tried everything: seeing specialists, in-vitro, etc. Then she gave up and suddenly she was pregnant. Good Luck!
    Mona949

Answer by Mona949 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Idk but i am also ttc. With my daughter she was kinda planned. I had a miscarriage and of course i was devasted so we began to ttc. my dr told me i was the most fertile because of the miscarriage well a yr and a half almost of trying my boyfriend and i got rocky and i changed my mind and went to get on bc and thats when i found out i was pregnant (:
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Eat plenty of yogurt and avoid onions. Worked for me!
    LivingIslam

Answer by LivingIslam at 2:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I've heard about red raspberry leaf tea - I haven't tried it but at this point I'm about ready to try anything!
    doopey

Answer by doopey at 3:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks everyone!
    chey88

Comment by chey88 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011