Why do people let such minor things like anonymous posting bother them?

Maybe some of us don't want the whole world to know we are asking certaing things. If someone read this and knew me, it would spreak like wild fire. Sometimes we just need an answer without revealing who were are?  If we post a question and show our profile, it can cause people to send messages that are really not needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• They are just mad that they don't have an account they can send a message to when they don't like what they read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I dont find anything wrong with anonymous questions, I find it ironic that many anonymous answers though are the rudest and most judgemental nasty replies I come across, I have a problem with that, its cowardly, if your going to write something like that at least be woman enough to put your name to it and own it, at least your being real, if its a nasty reply that you have to hide behind I guess you have no business saying it! That is a pet peeve of mine.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have bigger worries than who uses the anon button and why. I come here to chat, relax, maybe help a few moms with my expierences. Nice way to end my stressful day at work. I have choices. I could choose to answer or ignore when I see an anon post. Yeah, for choices!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• EXACTLY!!! Like I told one post. Im really sick and tired of hearing people bitch about it, I mean there are times where the anon posts are just flat out stupid, makes you wanna punch em or something. but really?!? Quit the bitchin already!
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Because some people need to have something to complain about. They are whiners that's what they do..LOL
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ^Agreed^
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• In my oppinion I really dont care I understand completely about people wanting to be annonymous when asking questions that are embarrassing or whatever it just really makes me angry that some moms go on peoples things annonymously and write stupid crap or say mean things lol.  Its the idiots that ruin it for the people that need to use it....just saying----not talkin about u I have seen some people write really rude and immature things just to be stupid...

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 3:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Or some people just find it really fucking dumb. Embarrassed for what others think of them or may do to them who cares that means you don't need them. Thats fear and it will eat you alive.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 5:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think at least some of it is immaturity. I find that for most of us, as we get older, we tend to mellow out and not let the little stuff rile us up so much. Not that all younger moms are childish, not at all. Just saying usually when you see these ranty posts about no one can be nice to them, or how they didn't get the answers they want, most of the time it's coming from a younger woman.
    Age seems to chill us out a bit :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree whole-heartedly, there are times when any one of us might want or need some words of wisdom or advice from our fellow moms but we may not want other people (who know us closely or otherwise) to know that it's us 'in the situation', 'having the problem' or 'feeling embarrassed about the issue'. We have the right to seek the privacy of the button. WHAT I DON'T AGREE with, and will stand up against - is when someone is using the cover-of-darkness to personally attack.
    If you aren't mature enough, intelligent enough or brave enough to own your difference of opinion without attacking and acting like a junior-high snot-nose, brat-like bully-girl, then you shouldn't even be in the arena with grown women to begin with. But alas, the baby and the bathwater debate continues.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011