My Very Soon to be Ex-Husband of 27 years filed for divorce after he cheated, I did not fight him on it . He leaves behind 5 children, and let go of a home. My question is why cant he look me in the eye when we are talking , he either looks away or looks down. whats that about?

needhearts

Asked by needhearts at 2:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• A snake can't look a person in the eye, it freaks them out.
    Your ex knows he did something very vile to you and most likely when he looks at you he has to face the fact that he lost all his integrity and honor when he left you the way he did.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He's ashamed of himself!!! And he should be!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It sounds like he feels guilty
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• shame
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Agree. Feels guilty he's ashamed and he deserves to feel that way!!! I hope it was worth losing his kids house and wife but i highly doubt that!!!
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 2:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sounds like he's being a coward
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• all of the above
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He is feeling guilty, embarrassed, he knows he screwed up. He probably has had a rough time even apologizing for his actions. He may try to act like he didn't do anything "that wrong". But deep down, he knows. That's why he can't look you in the eyes. I bet he feels scared to. Doesn't really matter how he feels at this point, but for fun, you can look away and down the next time he has to ask you a question. He'll probably wonder why you won't look at him. If it really bothers you, then ask him why he won't look at you. Sometimes they are waiting for you to ask them. That's just part of the selfish behavior. He might be playing the sympathy card if things are not so green on the other side after all and he might be rethinking his decisions -hoping you'll notice him and ask him what's wrong. My friend's ex still can't look her in the eyes (he cheated) and he exudes nothing but arrogance now.
    Mona949

Answer by Mona949 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Because he is wrong! Yes, he's ashamed of himself and also sounds he feels bad. Please don't ever feel sorry for him. Or only for a minute cause he has messed up a marriage. This truly saddens me, such a long marriage.
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• hes ashamed
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011