How to you explain to your son , how you wish you could be there?

My son is graduating high school this year. I live in Florida and have MS and Fibro and live here with his little sister. We live on Social Security. I simply dont have the funds to make it back to NH where i came from to attend my sons graduation. To be honest, I think it would be better off if i wasnt there, me and his sister , my oldest daughter were estranged , and I didnt want any episodes at his graduation.
What should I send him that would show how much I wish I could have been there, and how much I love him.

mythreegems

Asked by mythreegems at 2:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say try and save some money for a visit later on and make it a plan. Maybe he can come and visit you. It's cheaper for one person to fly.
    LivingIslam

Answer by LivingIslam at 3:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• awe, I'm sorry you can't be there to see this moment in his life, I know it's hard. I suggest you write him a letter telling him what having him for a son has meant to you and how very proud of him you are. Make plans for a visit afterward, maybe help pay to have him fly down to see you. I'm sure he'll understand why you can't be there.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think you should buy him a plane or bus ticket to come visit you. That let's him know you want to see him and want to be in his life. Florida is a fun place to vacation too!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Write him a letter dear,but never let anyone stop you from being anywhere you want to go.Sometimes we are no longer seen by our children as mom,we are seen as people only.This hurts but it just shows that somebody needs to mature more.I would try to go if at all possible.A bus ride or mabe a friend could take you.I know its hard but that is what the game of life is...hard.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Make him something special and write him a letter telling him how much you love him and how proud you are and that you would be there if you could. He will understand.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i would try to save and not miss it
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 12:11 PM on May. 19, 2011