If your husband tell u he is gay would u leave or stay?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 3:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave, He's gay he likes men now.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't stay. I am not anti gay, but I won't be with a man that is not faithful to me. Breach of contract.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It depends if he wants to stay and never act on it ill would stay then if he wants to try being gay Fuck no
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 3:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• welll if he was gay I would leave but be hurting so bad lol but I wouldnt want him to be with me anymore because I would just want him to be happy like he would want me to be! :)) plusss I love gay/bi's/ lesbians thats like all my freinds besides a few straights I know we would still be friends tho!!!!

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 3:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I love gay men too they are such a joy to be around.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• This is just too complicated to answer really. My SO is my very dearest friend (totally heterosexual) but for the hypothetical purposes of answering this question I'll answer . If it was this husband, yes I would stay. The relationship would change dramatically and he would have to remain faithful to me, but I would stay.
    If it were my ex husband I'd leave if he confessed he liked breathing... that would not work for me at all.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• That depends on what we agree on. If he's ok with coming out to me, but he doesn't want to divorce or come out to others yet, I would stick around and be supportive for him. At that point, we would basically be room mates and friends. But, if he wanted to come out to others and split up, I would find somewhere to go. Either way, I doubt it would be ugly for us.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm not sure what I would do, and it would definitely depend on what he wanted. My husband was my best friend before we got married and he still is today, with or without children I'm not sure that I could just walk away because he figured out he was gay.....I would stand beside him and support him in any decision he needed to make and that would include helping the kids transition.... and I would probably break down and let my heart scream when no one was around, because that is just how I am.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I've been with my husband for over 12 years. If he were to suddenly reveal that he was gay, there would be a fundamental lack of trust that would be really hard for us to work through. It would depend on where he wanted things to be and if I felt I could trust him again that would dictate whether or not our marriage survived. I wouldn't just leave him.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, if he was telling me this, it'd probably be because he didn't want to be with me anymore. If he was just saying that he was no longer attracted to me... I would have to leave him. I like being with someone who finds me sexually desirable.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 7:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2011