Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

PMS Depression adult content

What do you do about it? Mine is getting so bad that I become very hostile and borderline suicidal. I really don't want to resort to taking medication for it though.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

Answers (5)
  • Find a counselor...or talk to your doctor, but honestly, if the symptoms are that bad it sounds like you should be on something for it. Good Luck.

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • I went to my doctor and it does help. I took one pill for about six months. It's worth getting your life back and your family will also thank you. I would go in a cycle every month, only having one good week out of four.
    Talk to your doctor & don't worry about the stereo trying yourself with labels.
    Are you on birth control? Cuz if so, that could be causing your problems it may simply be time to switch.
    Goof luck
    Ps my husband and kids were much happier, as well. Ya know that saying, if mommy isn't happy, nobody happy.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 6:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • sometimes medication is the best option.

    Answer by tgh46737 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Would you take medication if you had pneumonia? Same thing. Talk to someone immediately, before it gets worse, and please do whatever it takes to get better.

    Answer by elasmimi at 10:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Next does one go about getting diagnosed and treated? Do you have to talk to your primary Dr. or seek out a councilor directly? I'm a military wife so I have open access to both.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.