Freaked out..

im 5 weeks pregnant and i have cramping thru out the whole day, need to eat small amounts every few hrs, butim confused on the fact that i havent had a menstrual cycle since the end of february but im do in the end of december... also my friend was recently pregnant and ended up miscarrying at 7 weeks, how do i know if im miscarrying? how do i know im even on track since they say im not due till end of december? This is all so stressfull and all i can think about thru out the whole day!

h2bnm21

Asked by h2bnm21 at 3:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your first missed period was at the end of March, right? That's when it was supposed to come? That puts you due in December (March-December= 9 months, and gestation is slightly longer than that, meaning you conceived around mid-March).

Cramping is totally normal because your uterus is expanding. You may experience it a lot at first, then only every few weeks later on, or you may not even notice it later.

Eating frequently is a good thing, so long as you keep it (at least mostly) healthy. That keeps your blood sugar up, energy up, etc. and it's also normal to be hungry a lot, probably mostly because of hormones.

When you have a miscarriage you will bleed. A LOT. More than you would for a period, and you will have severe cramps, usually. It's possible to have a "missed" miscarriage, but not extremely common from what I understand about it. Spotting is normal, cramps are normal, but heavy bleeding and/or severe cramps isn't.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks that really helps alot!! and ya ive been eatin easter left overs so lots of meat, potatoes, and veggies.
    h2bnm21

Comment by h2bnm21 (original poster) at 3:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Cramping is normal during pregnancy as long as it's not accompanied by any bleeding. I had a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks, before this pregnancy, and I had no idea until I went to the doctor. Sometimes you won't have symptoms of miscarrying. However, if you are having bleeding and filling up more than one pad an hour I'd go to the e.r.

During this pregnancy I had cramping throughout my first trimester, and everything is fine.
    Good luck!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011