Dad "does it" in a hotel room with my 9yo sister and brother's 18yo friend in the room.

My stepdad had my sisters (9 & 13) for the weekend, but the 13yo decided to stay at my house. Dad was helping his gf of 7-8mo move in with him, and needed help. Brother was busy with track, so brother's buddy (might as well be family) went up to help. The girlfriend had a voucher for a free night's stay at a casino, so they drove up Friday after work, and were planning to load and come back Sunday. Three weeks later, brother's friend comes to me and says this: "Your dad and Kelli were in one bed, Lex had a pallet in the middle, and I had the other bed. They were so noisy it woke me up, and I looked up to see your dad getting out of bed in some kind of thong. There's no way Lex could have slept through that."

My question is, should I tell my mom? Keep in mind, she left him, after 18yrs. But is it my place? Friend won't tell my mom, sister likely won't either. I also feel the need to bite my dad's head off, as well as Kelli's, for being so disrespectful!! What should I do?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 6:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• That is just disgusting. I would mention it to either one or both depending on whom you feel closer, too. I often wondered about this sorta thing when my kids went with their father in the weekend and his gf was there.
    I'd say, the 18 yr old, well just ever disrespectful and if were him, I'd no longer associate with this dad. And if ever confronted as to why, he should tell him.
    But the 9 yr old - this us just so wrong!!! I'd be pissed. I'd have to confront the dad for putting her in that situation. It'd just wrong & gross. Poor girl..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'd tell my mom. Sex is suppose to be a privatething between a couple. They needed to have exercised their self control and held off do it until they had some privacy.  And if I'm reading right not only the 18 y/o friend was there but also the 9 y/o sister.  That falls under sexual abuse.   I would definitely tell your mom.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If your sister would tell you, ask her about the trip. Prompt her, see if she tells you without you asking. Ask about the hotel, what was the room like, did she sleep ok. Hopefully she didn't get woken up. Also, is this other kid, the one that told you, is he trustworthy? Would he lie about this? If you trust what he says, then talk with your dad. Face to face, not on the phone. You can judge a lot by facial expressions, and if you just caught your dad, you will know it by the looks that run across his face. THEN talk with your mom.
    They couldn't wait. They not only had a 9 yr old little girl sleeping on the floor next to the bed (they couldn't get a roll-away bed for her???), but they had a family friend with them? Seriously?? If this did happen, both of them are assholes. Zero respect for your sister or your brothers friend. Or your mom, or anyone else but themselves.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would tell your Mom and talk to your Dad and his GF. Your Dad sand his GF were way out of line. I would think an adult would have more control than that.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would tell her. Not only was it disrespectful, but it's disgusting on your dad and kelli's part because they are adults and you just don't do that in the presence of children.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 7:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If my daughter were exposed to that kind of behavior, I would want to know about it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Call your dad and let him have it!! Give him 1 day to tell your mom or tell her yourself. This is so wrong!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 7:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would talk with your dad. Right now you really don't know if this is the truth. While your dad may have had a thong on, do YOU really believe him capable of having sex with his daughters in the room? Talk with him first.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Good grief YES TELL YOUR MOM! How utterly grotesque and inappropriate - if not illegal. AND CALL YOU DAD AND LOWER THE BOOM ON HIS DIRTY OLE ASS. OMG this is just disgusting to think about. What grown person can't wait 24 hours to sex-it-up and thinks it's okay to do the deed with a 9 year old in the room!? Geez - give me his address and I'll just go ahead and volunteer to spend the night in jail for slapping the crap out of him - and nasty ole Kelli too!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• time to call dad & chew him out.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011