A 'friend' accused me of using her!

I was having a bad day on my bday so a 'friend', she's more of my sisters friend and just someone I know, took me out to lunch the next day for a break. She knows my df and I are having issues, but nothing that would make me leave him. First she came into my house and kept calling him stupid and insulting him, infront of our kids, and then when we went out to lunch she not so suttely(sp) tried to fix me up with her son! That's just plain rude and it made me feel guilty just being around her. I don't want to be in that position again, seems how my family is #1, so I haven't been talking to her. She has the nerve to say I used her when the only reason she took me to lunch was to bad mouth my df and try to get me to date her 18yr old son!! Ugh sorry needed to vent

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 6:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• So tell her that. Did you tell her that?? I've had to tell a friend to back off on my husband before. She overstepped her boundaries and you need to explain that to her so she knows and understands why you are avoiding her. If she still accuses you of "using" her than she is not a true friend.  You time is better spent with other friends. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes I did. It just makes me so uncomfortable I don't want to be in that position. She said while we were at lunch that she was even gonna bring her son so he could meet me!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 6:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't think I would stay her friend. You need support not judgement.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would not talk to her anymore. If she is going to act like that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• sounds to like she used you so that she could fix you up with her son.....I think she is mad because you wouldn't give her son a chance but I understand how you feel because the same thing happened to me and my bf at the time...I think you shouldn't talk to her again unless you want her to try and fix you up with someone else.....There are some people that don't understand how you feel about your bf but she shouldn't have done what she did...
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• She insulted your husband in front of your children? That's wrong. Yeah I'd just completely ignore her and not care what she thought about anything.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think it's the other way around, and it didn't go her way. It sounds like she thought she found a way in, to get in between you and your SO. And now she's pissed it didn't work, so she's talking shit. Call her on it. And, no, she's not a friend. In no way is she a friend.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• She doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. I'd stop being friends with her, especially if she's intent on setting you up with her son.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• LMAO how lame is she? Go to that restaurant and get a freaking gift certificate for ONE lunch special, then go to the gag-store and purchase a whoopee cushion, then add a get-out-of-jail-free card from your monopoly game and mail them to her sorry butt with a note telling her that due to unforeseeable circumstances you temporarily lost your mind and went to lunch with her and that you'd like to reimburse her for the nourishment she provided. And let her know that the cushion is for her to rest her sore ass on since it wasn't your intention to cause her such great pain. And BTW here's a little gift to let you know that you're giving her one free pass for her stupid idea of setting you up with another man.
    (Sarcasm intended, noted and exercised) - I'm in that mood today - and can't stand people like this woman you described.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011