Knots in the cord

Have you had a baby that had a knoted cord? My 2nd had 2 knots and my 4th had 1. I also have a friend that had one. Just wondering how common it is? I know that it could be dangerous, But my doc's didnt seem to worry about it. My mom even took pictures.

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That's wierd.... I guess as long as blood flow is getting through, its no big. It's probably cause from baby doing cartwheels in the belly!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have never heard of that. Crazy. My sister had her cord wrapped around her neck a couple times and was fine, but knots? I would take pictures too! I am assuming your kids are ok?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• They were 100% normal both times
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Good! I didn't want to say something stupid if they weren't. It is very interesting and fascinating. But I am truly fascinated with pregnancy, birth, and babies. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think it's fairly common, actually. My husband apparently had two in his cord.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008