Mac PC or Windows PC?

Which do you use, prefer and enjoy most?
I find myself new to the Mac World - and am enjoying it. But I still have my old Windows based laptop that I like as well.

My fingers do get a little confused when switching from one platform to the other - but outside of that, I find them both to be fine.

Which do you use? If you don't/won't use one other the other - why or why not?
(Any tips for a new Mac user?)

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Technology

• Neither, actually. I have an HP laptop with Linux on it. I won't use Mac/Apple products because from everything I've seen you are incredibly limited in functionality - you can't add new software on your own, you can't upgrade parts, etc. I won't use Windows because...well, I think Windows sucks. It's too slow, bloated with tons of stuff I don't use frequently with no ability to get rid of it. I love Linux because I can add and remove software at my whim, and 9.5 times out of 10, it's free software since it's open source. There is nothing I am REQUIRED to have on my system, if I don't use something, I can delete it and it's truly gone.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm a windows girl myself. I do however like the Mac for things such as graphic design.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Either...dual booted with Ubuntu Linux :) I don't like Mac because their crap is all special (can't buy it anywhere except from them) and they're expensive. Windows... OMG Can I think of one positive thing to say about it? Ummm... I may need it briefly when I go back to college (if I do). And until DH gets the program he made installed on my laptop, Windows is easier to use when I record videos from my webcam (if I save them on my computer first) to upload to my YouTube channel. And that's not even a fault of Ubuntu, that's a fault of YouTube for not allowing the video format that mine records in to be uploaded. Long story. I despise Microsoft and I'm not a fan of Macs, though they're better Microsoft in some ways.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Really Wendy - hadn't heard that. I bought and added my own software to my MacPro laptop and it came with written instructions on how to physically upgrade the memory. That must be for desktop models only. Which I'm cool with - since I'm CISCO Certified and can actually do the work on any of them - I save myself from the whole "broken warranty" situation, I guess.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Shelby - I've never actually used one. That's just what I've been told by others who have used them. I never asked if they were using a desktop or laptop, so it could very well be that it only applies to one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well yeah, I hear ya. I had to learn to work on and with them when I was studying - but hadn't actually bought one until a couple weeks ago. From looking at how they're made, it very well could be a proprietary requirement for a qualified/certified Mac Technician be the only one to work on the desktop model since the monitor and "tower" are an all in one unit whereas the laptop has a separate screen. That would make sense (not very economical sense for us consumers, but at least sense) Hope ya didn't think I was being a smartass to ya - just commenting directly to you cuz you said something I found interesting. =)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, I didn't think you were being a smartass. lol I just figured I'd clarify that since I've never used one, I was basically just spreading gossip. :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mac... My Mac is so much faster than my PC! If you go to apples website you can find tutorials on how to do different things on your Mac. I am fairly new to mac to
    Tifferoo3

Answer by Tifferoo3 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2011