Would you color your 1 year olds hair or even your 7 year olds?

ok I had this neighbor last summer her son was then 1 year old. She died her 1 year olds hair blond which wasnt to bad since it was already a blond she just colored it lighter, but why would you color a 1 year olds hair? To me that is just crazy. I mean she use to do cosmatology so if she new better she would know that dying a babys hair can make it fall out. Wel she is on facebook my sister told me that he other dd had a pic on there and her hair was died. So I went to it and seen it. I asked my dd who goes to school with her if her mom died her hair she said ya orange I mean red. She is 7 years old she will be 8 next week and this girl has blonde hair (so does her mom, but her moms hair is a red now cause she died hers a couple years ago) well, her mom colored her hair it almost looks orange, but it is red. Who in their right mind would color their childs hair that color let alone color it at all that young?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would.

For Halloween with colored hairspray!
    As for the 7yo...I might allow Kool Aid in the summer but not actual hair dye!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't do it, they are too young to have those chemicals on/in their bodies.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Only with spray on Halloween dye that washes out! that woman is crazy! Children aren't accessories and shouldn't be treated as so to match you.. hate parents like that
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yeah i think this is way wrong. i agree with halloween thing but something that you spray in and it washes out. But permanent is absolutely a no go. This is setting them up to have really damaged hair.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think that's just silly. Dying damages anyone's hair to a point....why in the heck did she do it would be my question.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would not.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• this is actual hair die on both kids
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, not until they were older.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• DD was Daphne from Scooby Doo for Halloween. I did spray her hair orange. I think she was 7 or 8 at the time. I wouldn't use a permanent or even a semi-permanent hair color on a child. A teen is a different story though.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• On my 4 and 5 year olds, we went to the hair salonfor thir birthdays, and they got semi-permanent pink highlights in thier hair! They have VERY blonde hair,and it looked cute, it was not a harsh chemical dye! It made them happy and harmed them in no way! A 1 year old, NO!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011