Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


so i realized im depressed. im 17 and experienced a miscarriage last yr amoung other things including the death of my uncle. its been a hard past few yrs for me. my parents wont do anything about it. is their any way i can get help with out my parents knowing? if so, do you know where?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • i would start by asking your guidance counselor at school if she knows of anywhere you can look into. You might also be able if you have one in your area go to a planned parenthood and ask them b/c this has to do with a miscarriage. I hope this helps.

    Answer by amberpaiz at 8:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Depression should be handled by your doctor. At 17 you should be able to talk to your doctor without your parents being in the room.

    Answer by meooma at 8:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • I agree, talk to a school counselor, or maybe there is a crisis hotline in your area. Sometimes people don't take depression seriously enough in young people, but keep trying until you find someone you can talk to.

    Answer by elasmimi at 10:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Planned parenthood has a few counselors. You could talk to a teacher, guidance counselor, or the nurse at your school. I think you should talk to anyone that will listen. It's a shame you don't feel that your parents care. Nobodys perfect. When I was 17 I unfairly expected mine to be, but now I know I could've talked to them. I think you should atleast try telling them about it. Sometimes it helps to write it in a letter. When I miscarried, my counselor had me write letters to my lost baby. That helped me alot. What ever you do, don't give up! There are people in this world that love and care about you. There are people who want to help.

    Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011