Getting My GED I would love some advice

Any tips or anything you can give me?
I am sooo scared to take this test.

Zoeysmom09

Asked by Zoeysmom09 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in

• My DH is taking the GED in a couple of weeks. I would say my best tip for any type of test would be to study hard, but relax on the day before. It has been said that studying the day before can actually cloud the brain. I did this before I took any test and it worked great. Best of luck!!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my best GED tip is unless it's been a very long time since you were in a classroom OR you were totally failing a subject when you last were in a classroom, you've got a decent shot of breezing thru all the tests, sometimes in one shot (some testing centers allow you to, others don't)

I think a misconception people have is you'll need to spend a million years cramming for the exam. Unless you're remedial in math or incapable of writing an essay its simply not true. TEST TEST TEST! TRY TRY TRY! And good luck to you.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Did you take the pre-test? It tells you where your strong points are & where your weak points are so that you'll know what you need to study on.

They also have a GED for dummies book, you should definitely read a book about taking the GED. My husband took his after high school. He said if he didn't take it right out of high school, that he probably wouldn't have passed. Adults who have been out of school for a while have more trouble with the test.

(i used to tutor teens who needed help studying for their GED)

My friends mother took it 3 times before she passed......it's easy for people who have not been in school for a long time, it can be difficult for some though....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Gosh it has been 5 years! I am honestly only worried about math so I bought the McGraw Hill GED book it really helps.

I dont know why I am just very unsure of my self. I did just read that you have 3 months to pass all the test and that I do not have to take them all over if i fail 1!
    Zoeysmom09

Comment by Zoeysmom09 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i don't have any advice...but i wanted to wish you the best of luck...don't worry you can do it!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 10:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I took it years ago and was amazed how easy it was.But that was back then.I had to figure a paycheck with all deductions,they give you the deductions,and mainly it was easy multiple choice answers.but good luck dear I know you will ace it.!If i had known that a ged was that simple i would never have gone to high school.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• just relax it is no big deal
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 12:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

Next question in
Legal? skip kindergarten?

Next question overall (Money & Work)
Does anyone wiork from home?