Growing pains anyone? adult content

We have soooo much going on till DH and I feel like there are growing pains in our life right now.
23 yr old son moving back in, job promotion for DH, DH having to contemplate living part-time in another city 4 days a week and commuting 2 hours by plane back and forth, putting our plans to TTC on hold until his career stuff is more settled, actually dealing with the emotions of being separated for up to a year (only seeing each other on weekends), etc. And that's just what's going on in our inner circle -- the outer circle that involves family and friends and what's going on with them (that affects us emotionally speaking) is another plate full in and of itself. My dad's failing health and onset of Dementia, my mom's failing health, his mom's failing health, his GM's failing health, his best friend getting married, my best friend going thru menopause, etc, etc. etc.

Its no wonder that I feel silly (and like running, screaming from the building) right now.

Isn't it amazing how all of sudden one day you can look at your own life and go "HOLY SHIT NO WONDER I'M STRESSED !" - when the week before you felt like it was all peaches and cream.

Okay -- (my bathroom is being remodeled - sooooo) give me ideas of a good relaxation technique that does not involve Calgon - oh, and it's thunder-storming outside.... soooo

HELP -- stress help please?????? I'm begging here - my freaking neck is so tight with tension till I feel like someone super-glued it stationary last night while I slept.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• See if your town has a massage school and go get one.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I feel your pain. DH works M - F in another state; a 90 minute plane ride away. DD is 14 and is on the autism spectrum. DSs (twins) are 6. My mom has cancer, my MIL fell and broke her hip - this was after living with us for 10 months after having her knee replaced; she was in her own place 3 weeks when she fell. My niece is the one getting married. And I'm not sleeping due to menopause-related hot flashes.

I do have a prescription from the doctor for Ativan. I rarely take it, but just knowing it's there helps. (When I ran out, all of a sudden, IĀ felt worse.) What gets me through the day is the Serenity prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.

There is more to the prayer, but that's the part I focus on. I also take a few minutes to breathe deeply - it's very calming.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Take a sleeping pill and GO TO BED. Sleep half the day away. I understand a very busy stressful life, and if I could do anything in the world it would be to let it all go for one day and sleep.

Your body is fighting you with the aches and pains. When you're that stressed, you're not helping yourself or your situation.

Make a list of things you need to get done when you wake up, and then lay down.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011