Ovulation calendar adult content

Am i completely crazy to think that if i buy a set of ovulation tests that it will help me make a calendar?.. my period is always different.. im tired of using condoms and i cant use bc and i dont want to have a baby yet. so do yall think that maybe i could use the tests to find the best time to not have sex.. and if so if i test one day and it says im not ovulating and i have sex that day could i ovulate later in the day and get preggers.. so maybe it would be best to refrain from sex the first month i do this.. i read most ovulate after day 11..so should i tell my hubby that we should have sex a few days after my period and go from there.. but if so.. how are women getting preggers on their period.. wow im confusing myself now but if any of you know the best way to do a calendar please explain im dumb when it comes to these things..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• It would be better for you to chart than to spend money on tests every month. Charting will not only tell you when you are fertile but when you are ovulating. I have been charting for years to keep from getting pregnant. We don't use condoms and are very careful when I am fertile.

A great book to read is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree with the pp - charting is the best way to tell when you are ovulating and tells you the best window for you to get pregnant (or not!)
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• How do i chart? just keeping track of my period?..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Charting involves tracking your basal body temp, cervical position and cervical mucous. Not your period as you can still bleed even if you don't ovulate. Also, if you are having irregular cycles, chances are that you are not ovulating regularly. Charting will help you understand when you are ovulating and will help a doctor determine what type of assistance they can give you to help get pregnant.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• so will that book you recommended help me understand this?.. i have noticed a change in my discharge but i duno how to check my cervical position or anything like that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• This site helped me when we were TTC.

http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thanks wish
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011