How am I suppose to handle terrible two's?

She is 3 and I'm still going through. She gets into any and everything she can think of , she throws tantrums, screaming cries, and the rolling of the head when she calls herself getting smart is about to make me snap. I've tried time outs, taking her toys away, sending her to bed, and I've even popped her and she gets evening louder and more embarrassing. Please help, I just don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just keep doing what youre doing. They do grow out of it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• im sorry but im not trying to knock you, i think terrible 2's is a joke. a child can act so many different ways at ANY age.... i think some one just came up with this great name "terrible twos" because they both start with T's.... if it were true then a 3 or 4 yr old wouldnt still be in them... just be firm and give some discipline (not saying you dont already) and stand your ground.
    Anonymous

• I found that the 'terrible twos" seem to last from about 20 months until 4. You just need to be consistant and watchful until they mature out of the toddler stage.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• your the mom ...

besides all of the age groups have their own trials - you just have to make sure you are acting like mom ... and they will know you are mom
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have moved from timeouts to standing in the corner for my lo who will be 3 at the end of the month. I make him stand in the corner with his nose to the corner for 3 minutes and boy does he hate that disipline and so I get a lot less flack now when I say 1, 2, and 3 you are going to the corner.
    austinlove

Answer by austinlove at 3:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008