DO you hate it when...

A dr. that has never been pregnant even if they are a woman trys to tell you what your feeling? I mean its not like they have ever felt it before all they are doing is going by some book. Maybe its just me but I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I agree with you. It really annoys me when people are telling me it is so wonderful to be pregnant and it is something they haven't experienced, so how would they know? Especially from men I have noticed. My husband has noticed that same thing and agrees.
    I am very blessed though, since I see a midwife who has 9 kids and has been pregnant 13 times. She understands pretty much everything. That and my one sister who hasn't had kids is a midwife and she is so understanding, even though she hasn't been through it. No cliche sayings or things like that.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no because this is what they do for a living... they have dealt with MANYYY pregnant women =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I can see how that would be annoying, but they're also going by having treated lots of patients. I know the experience of others isn't quite the same, but it's better than just some stinky old book!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know but it is annoying I completely trust my drs. but it still annoys me sometimes. I know they have treated many women.
    Anonymous

• I hated when i went to the post delivery appointment, and was complaining how much the stitches hurt from the tearing and the doctor said it doesn't hurt that bad.... Like he's ever had his vagina ripped and sewed back up
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• hahhaha thats funny robinalbright..

i luckily didn't tear or anything... but that kinda just made me LOL THAT WOULD MAKE ME MAD
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I kinda know what you mean.

My first OB was a man. I was 16 and had terrible period pain. I went there because i wanted the BC pill (first boyfriend ect. lol) and i told the OB that always when i have my period i have so much pain that i can barely move. And what did this ass say? "it cant be that bad" and i shouldnt whine so much. of course i immediately told him to kiss my butt and went to a different doctor. But i was totally shocked by his answer. How would he know how it even feels to have a regular period, much less when its painful.. ;)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• in a sense yes, like i went and saw a doctor in the ER.. didnt deal with pregnancy as a specialty either mind you.. and he was a HE and he was telling me my symptoms are normal, and honestly i dont feel normal! lol....

turn out its from something more serious that i could have prevented but was told im "okay and its all gravy baby".. it wasnt all gravy!
    Anonymous

• yeah i had the same problem when I went for my post c-sec appointment.^^LOL
    Anonymous

• I have a male obgyn, he is wonderful.. he is sweet and concerned with what I am feeling and my health(as well as the baby's).. He has dealt with so many people that he knows what to expect in pregnancy(with both the mom and baby). Even though you might feel uncomfy with the whole thing.. but rem.. if the doctor is experienced and is caring you'll be ok. Just enjoy the pregnancy. Most of all remember always to trust your instinct.
    :)
    simran4god

Answer by simran4god at 4:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008