Baby won't nurse!!!

My one month old is driving me crazy. He's fussy like crazy, won't nurse(he pushes me away), and throws a hissy even when I hold him. I feel like maybe I should stop nursing but I don't want to. :-(

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he will take a bottle better than the breast...pump and give it to him in the bottle. Hope that this will help.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I may have to do that. I feel he isn't getting enough.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Dont give up... Maybe it is something you ate? They say not to eat garlic or Onions when you BF. Do you remember if you ate either? If you are stressed the baby will since it. So relax...
    Anonymous

• Don't give up, maybe he just isn't hungry. Maybe he is tired instead. If he is hungry he will eat! Do you have a lactation specialist at your Ped. office? call and ask, They really have a lot of very good advice!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• try a nursing pillow and holding their head to your breast until they latch on. worked for me! dont give up!
    liv0504

Answer by liv0504 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Could he have thrush? Sometimes if their mouth hurts due to thrush, they will refuse to nurse.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 12:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• the main thing- relax. when you are tense and stressed, he can sense it. a lactation consultant is your best option or talk to the baby's dr. I had to see one when I had trouble. they told me that for the most part, if mom is willing to be patient, unless there is a medical reason, any woman can breastfeed. just have patience and talk to your dr. don't give up yet- it gets easier- good luck!
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• please dont give up. i had to pump every two hours the first month to get my daughter my milk we even had to give her formula. it took me til she was a month old and all of a sudden she latched on like she new what she was doing. it was worth the wait.
    addiraesmommy

Answer by addiraesmommy at 3:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• keep trying.. if he pushes you away swaddle his arms tight so he can't... keep trying, it gets easier
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 12:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2008