What is your understanding of Witchcraft.

For those who do not practice this and are of other more common faiths, what have you been taught about the practice of Witchcraft or any of the like? Does your faith system condemn the practice and do you honestly believe it to be true?

I was raised to believe it was evil and it was something where you sacrificed people and so on. Of course I no longer believe this and actually practice it a bit.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know quite a bit. I was tuaght it was evil. I decided to have a mind of my own and did my homework. Now that I am informed I can make my own decision. Witchcraft is not evil just misunderstood. I learned a great deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

•  

Eventhough I was raised Catholic, I was NOT raised that it was evil.  Wasn't really even exposed to it.  As I got older, I got curious and did my own research.  I, personally, find it facinating and love it.  I dont' practice it at all, but still think it's good.  There is good and evil in EVERYTHING, even in Christianity

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It isn't evil, at least no more evil than prayers or anythign else. it's basically just using candels, incense, herbs etc to help "harness' energy and "pray" for a desired result. So no it isn't evil, at least no more evil than a person praying you break your leg or something, it all depends on the intent of the person conducting the "spell" or "prayer". Now whether I believe it actuially works is another matter.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was never taught it was evil- I still know very little about it except that it is very real to the people that practice it- does it work- does not matter to me either way since it is not part of my life I don't ponder it much-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have a few friends that practice. I've always been told that it is more about nature. I have never thought of it as anything evil. I always find learning about it to be very interesting.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I can honestly say I know nothing about it. I don't think it's right or wrong-it's just something I don't know about.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• True witchcraft is far from evil. I actually know a woman that considers herself a witch bc she's been practicing it her entire life & is awesome at it. She's an amazing woman & one of the best people I know. It was very interesting when she was talking to me about it one night. At one point, I was considering practicing a little myself, but I just don't have enough time to do it right now! LOL

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I, too, was raised that it was one of two things...make believe for movies or evil via Satan and his minions swaying the righteous.

I am a Witch now so, of course, that no longer is what I think LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i was taught is was 'evil'..as an adult, having studied a bit, having experienced a bit, having known a few 'out' witches and some 'in', i've come to know witchcraft has no power, for me. i won't say i don't believe it exists, it does, as certainly as i know God exists, and others believe what they believe. i have no faith in it or its practitioners, just like i have no faith in religious healers. some do, i don't.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Still not whole lot but I do know that my teachings as a child that it was all of Satan is incorrect.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2011