Beware of sitter scammers!

This is just to hopefully help people not get scammed like my daughter and many other military families did. They found a sitter in their area that on the surface looked wonderful, sweet, caring and even had references. What they got was scammed by pre-paying for sitter services that they did not receive. They got together and filed police reports, followed the letter of the law and for some reason, the woman was not prosecuted. They all lost significant amounts of money to this particular lady.
http://gajails.info/?RID=1000015977.
You can check someone out through all the normal routes, but sometimes, it's just not enough! Your children depend on you to protect them. You need to make very wise decisions. It's a lot of pressure, but just make sure that you check and double check before prepaying for services and before you leave your precious babies with anyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I never prepay.. that is how you end up with kids alone and no sitter.. Pay at the end of the night or week only!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree... prepaying is not very bright IMO.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yup never PRE pay for a service, thats the loop hole in the law, and how they get away with it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't prepay either. That just sounds suspicious.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011