Did you or are you keeping your new babys name a secret intill birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't. I told my family and friends. With other though, I only told them if they asked.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• YES! I have been telling our family that we just can't decide even though we have. several other family members are expecting and we don't want to chance anything!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I didn't but my brother and his wife did. They told us some names they were considering but it wasnt until my brother came out of the delivery room and said come meet Grayson Michael that we knew for sure. I have considered it with this one because that was such a sweet moment but Im afraid that just like with this pregnancy my dh will tell his best friend and he will tell the world!!!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• no, we started calling him by his name as soon as the US showed a penis.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• with the first one we did keep it a secret:)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think it is so stupid when people say "yes, we know what name we are going to use but we aren't telling" like people really care so much that they are going to sit on the edge of their seats until the baby is born. Seriously, with the exception of very close family, no one really cares THAT MUCH. My cousins did that and we were all "ok whatever, don't tell us", they also refused to tell us the gender so they go all yellow and green stuff for the baby (ended up a girl)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The only reason I wouldnt tell the name is if I didnt want to hear other peoples opinions. I guess I would just say we don't know yet instead of saying we werent telling.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We never found out the gender of our babies, so everyone harrassed us about that. We did tell everyone the names, if we had one picked out. We didn't find out what our daughter was, and we didnt have a name. My husband was texting people at 6 in the morning, right after she was born. He told everyone her name was Annelise, so that was her name.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 10:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I can't keep secrets, heck we had the names picked out before the ultrasound to determine the gender...
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• With my daughter I didnt know until the last minute what I was going to name her so...that's what I told people lol....with my son, he's going to be a Jr so it doesnt matter lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2011