Why is it people enjoy putting others down?

me and my husband have 2 daughters we want a little boy and when telling people that all we get is "good luck with that" being said to us one lady even said its rare and uncommen after haveing 2 or three girls to have a boy. but i have heard of people haveing more then one girl and still haveing boys it just hurts cuz we want a boy and there trying to pretty much tell us to give up and not try cuz it wont happen people are to rude!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Those people are just being silly. I woudn't listen to them much. There's no way to know that you won't have a boy. Best of luck and keep your head high :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Don't listen to people my friend! Only God knows what you will receive.............enjoy the blessing either way and stop letting what "superstitious" people say...............

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i don't see their doubt as rudeness. its just their opinion, and what they've experienced or seen with other families.
    no reason to be hurt or cry about it. have all the sex and babies you want; if you have a boy, great! if not, let's just hope every birth is healthy, ok?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Don't give up on it. However, if you wind up having another girl or more girls you had better love them as much as you would have that little boy! I don't understand why people would put you down for wanting something. But then I don't understand people that that have their hearts set on one sex or the other and then end up disappointed in their child from the start.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think they are trying to prepare you. You could have a boy. You could also have a girl. SIL had 4 boys before she had a girl, and to be honest, all those boys know she wanted a girl, even though she didn't tell them outright, they hear the stories.

She did have her girl. BIL had a boy after 2 girls, then another girl. It happens. My friend had 3 girls in a row (she didn't want a boy though). It can go either way, Shettles or not. It's good to try for anotehr baby, but it's far the best if you're prepared for either possibility.

As for why people put people down, that I don't know.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• its luck of the draw but not uncommon....I admit I don't get this preference for a certain sex. I just always wanted them healthy and I have 2 friends who wanted girls and would literally cryifit was a boy...I don't get it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• some people are SO ridiculous!!! don't stress, what wil be will be!!!
    God Bless!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Misery loves company, so miserable people try to make others miserable too. :sigh:
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Im getting the same thing about me having a girl with 2 boys already oh and in my family there are 13 kids and 12 are boys. I still have hope.. Dont give up mama and no matter what you will have a great baby to love.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011