For a girl..what do you think?

Stevie Lynn

Do you think Stevie is a cute name for a girl? I figure if they can have a girl named Charlie on tv why not a girl named Stevie...I guess a full name would have to be Stephanie? Can you think of other names that could go to Stevie for short?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Baby Names

• I like it, and there is Stevie Nicks she is also a Stephanie

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I like it, my hubbys name and my fil's name is Steve and so my sil named her dd Stevie after my hubby and their dad. Her full name is Stevey Mckenna.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I personally don't care for it, sorry. BUT I wanted to say that you can certainly name your kid whatever you want, and if you like Stevie that doesn' necessarily mean you have to name her Stephanie. Just name her Stevie :)
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I am with the Stevie Nicks thing.......it was my first thought. Plus nowadays, it is so unique but not outrageous.........good choice!! And that means Stephanie or not!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I love the name Stephanie and Stevie...Personally, I couldn't name a child a "nick-name" I like full names that can be shortened
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm a Stephanie, and I HATE being called Stevie, Steph, or Stephy. I absolutely fucking HATE it. They all sound ugly and make me cringe. I feel like my name is STEPHANIE. If my mum wanted me to be called something else, she should've named me something else.

I also got (and still get) annoyingly hazed with "Step-in-it." Or "Step-on-it."

Just a little insight of what it's like to be a Stephanie.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 10:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, typically Charlie is short for Charlene or Charlott. Stevie is a fine nickname but I personally wouldn't write it on the birth certificate. Stevie Nicks birth name is actually Stephanie Lynn.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• .. not my style
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I didnt know Stevie Nicks middle name was Lynn. My MIL who passed last year had Lynn as a middle name which is why I'm considering it. I agree that it should be a nickname.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't see why the full name would have to be anything other then Stevie. I think Stevie is a perfectly fine name for a girl. Just as Charlie and Frankie (Which neither of those need a 'full name' either)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2011