Does your kids have a baby doll that looks very real from a distance?

Ok..I almost had a heart attack and I shouldve known better because I just laid the baby down for a nap..but..
I was standing in the kitchen making myself a cup of coffee and I look up into the family room and thought I saw my 7 month old baby laying underneath the coffee table,LOL
It was one of my daughters baby dolls.omg.
That thing gets me every time.
Once, I saw it in her toy baby buggy and for a split second I thought it was the real baby and my heart bottomed out, LOL.
Again..I shouldve known better but its like a knee jerk reaction..that thiing looks so real!
Anyone else have this problem or am I the only crazy one?lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They ake these really creep looking life like dolls called 'reborns' Some lady left on in her car and had her window smashed out by police thinking it was real!!

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No. My DD was not the doll type. If she had any they'd be hanging from something somewhere.

However, my oldest had a couple of rubber snakes that always freaked me out. That was always fun. LOL.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• reborns are SOOOO CREEPY! I have seen children in public playing with dolls that looked real...Ive found myself thinking 'what kind of mother leaves a 4 yr old to tend that baby..." then I feel like a jerk when I realize its just a doll : / I can remember when I was in HS and I took child developement, they made us take a life like doll home to care for during a vacation week. It looked real, cried with real baby sounds etc...we had to treat it like it was real, so I was pushing it in a stroller through the mall (embarrassed as hell) when a little girl came up to see the 'baby' her mother looked at me like I was insane and said "ummm no dear, that just a dolly like yours" and quickly walked away before I had the chance to defend myself. So I can definately see how that happens to you...perhaps its time to give dolly a brand new crazy outfit that you KNOW you wouldnt have put your baby in?
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 10:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My girls never were into baby dolls so we didn't have anything like that to worry about. I have to wonder if the woman who had her window smashed in was reimbursed by the police for her window.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was wondering the same thing, scout mom lol
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• LOL... yes!! infact one day we went to the store, and my daughter dragged that doll along, and at the time I had been letting her dress it up in her baby brothers newborn clothes that he had grown out of. I carried my baby in the moby and when we were getting out of the car, my daughter sat the baby doll in the car seat. When we came out, there was several people looking in our car freaking out (doors were locked) and one of them was on the phone with 911!!! They thought the baby was real and was sleeping. I quickly opened the door and let them see for themselves that it was just my daughters doll and the guy on the phone with 911 laughed and told the operator that it was a false alarm, not a real baby.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes and I found it floating in the pool the other night when I got up to use the bathroom. Talk about a mini heart attack.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011