If your kids stay home sick from school, do you let them play video games?

I guess I'm the meanest mommy in the world...says my 11 year old son.
He had a belly ache and a headache this morning so I let him stay home from school.
He just came down here walking all slow and had a miserable face on and in the most pathetic voice he could muster he asked "MOM, I know your gonna so no but can I play my PS3?" I said "Uh..no.." and he stomped off saying " I knew it, I just knew it!"
LOL
Thats the rule here..if you stay home sick..you don't play video games.Why? Because I don't want him purposely faking ill just so he can play that thing.
He can lay in bed and watch some tv..and I'll bring him food and baby him and all that good stuff in hopes to help him feel better...but I will not treat illness with video games..no sir.

Yeah..I'm a mean mommy..I'll take that credit today..lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• If mine were feeling really down, I would let them play for a little while, but definitely not all day.. Lucky for us, their daddy works in the medical field so faking it won't be an easy task for them to accomplish. Good luck momma!
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If my kids are staying home sick they barely move off of the couch. They really like school and rarely want to miss. I let them watch a movie if they have the energy to move to the family room couch. Usually it ends up being background noise to them napping.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i guess that means i am horrible too b/c i do the same thing t.v ok video/computer games--no!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Lol well i guesd im a mean mommy too cause the same way...he'll get over it
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mine gets to stay on the couch and watch TV. He also only gets sick people food like soup, crackers, fruit... nothing sweet and no chocolate milk.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If mine stays home sick, he usually sleeps all day, no need for me to say yes or no to it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No computer, no video games. I feel if they don't feel well enough for school, they don't feel well enough for games.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

•     I applaud your "mothering skills!"  Keep up the Good Work!!!

clapping

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No way. If our kids were too sick to go to school (now we home school so there are no sick days) then they didn't get to play video games, play on the computer, talk on the phone or have any company. I did allow a little TV, but that's it. And, when hubby was a kid he was confined to his room all day if he stayed home sick - he could leave to go to the bathroom, but he couldn't even eat meals at the table with the family (to me that's over the top).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Nope, no video games or computer. If they start feeling well enough though, they are aloud to do homework! ; )
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011