What did your early contractions feel like?

I am having serious tightening but the pain seems to come at the end and then linger ...... it sometime hurts real bad in my pelvis when i cough (i have a bad cold) I have been laying in the bed all day because i cramp when i stand up. this sound familiar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• try laying a hand on your tummy. when you feel the tighten start counting and note the time. when it goes away stop counting and note that time. Do that for a while and you will be able to see if you are having contractions and if they are regular. you could just have aggravated the uterus from all the coughing and that could be causing the contractions. If the water doesnt help take a warm bath and see if that makes them go away. If the pain gets too bad call your doc anyway because it could be something else.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• That is about how mine started out, but I had wicked pressure. Docs tried to tell me I wasn't in labor with my second, but I believe I was. I was dehydrated so do try the glass of water and laying on your left side to see if they subside. Start timing :) how far along are you?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• try drinking a big glass of water and then laying on your side for a while. See if it subsides. You could just be sore from coughing or a little dehydrated.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i'm 37 weeks and drinking water as we speak :) i am terrible at timing i am not exactly sure when to stop and start the timer but i will try my best
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• the pain is not constant but my abdomen seems tight even when i am not feeling a squeeze
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i am having a lot more pain with no tightening at the time of the horrible all over stomach pains!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Severe Back pains..that comes and goes...then it gets more intense
    johnsonbaby03

Answer by johnsonbaby03 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011