Did your DH go through a mid-life crisis?

And if so, what age did it happen at??
My DH is 39 and lately, things have been very different.. he has become over obsessed with working out and gets upset easily if interrupted by our 3 year old.. he is upset that he feels his "age" with aches and pains ... he seems constantly on edge or that he doesn't provide enough, we didn't make good decisions financially when really, its been market and timing that has been the bummer for us.. maybe its just a funk right now he's in but we've bickering more lately and its frustrating.. oh and just as an added comment, its not a cheating issue lol!~

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• mine did at 38, diet dressed different found everything wrong with us and ended up having 2 affairs. it sucked but we worked thru it and it passed there like babies getting old doesnt seem to bother women as much as men. By the way the affairs were emotional not physical. he liked the idea that women were attracted to him still and the texting, dirty talk blah blah blah. I basically told him mid life for temporary satisfaction or me but he couldnt have both. I won. good luck
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mine is 30 and he has been acting like he is on the verge of a midlife crisis lately. We are having our third child and our oldest is now in a bunch of activities that I need him to help me with...this means that his ball league time is replaced with our daughter's tee ball and soccer and gymnastics. We decided I am going to be staying home with the kids for at least the next year or two until I finish my master's degree. We need to sell our home and find something bigger. I thought he might be ready to be done having kids, so I asked if we were going to do anything permanent after this baby is born...and it turns out he really wants one more...so even me saying something freaked him out.

I think, for some reason, it all caught up with him at once. Like all of the sudden he realized he is 30, gave his life to me, has 3 kids, he will be the sole bread winner, and I'm going to try to get him "fixed" like a dog. Its kinda funny
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mine did at around 34
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Every one does eventually. Reassure him and be patient, it wears off.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011