Has anyone ever heard of Rain Soft?

A couple of weeks ago DH picked up a little box from home depot which said free water testing and it had a little tube to mail out a water sample. It seemed completely free even paid postage and I expected there to be a mailed response with some "home depotish" options for cleaning it. But instead there was a home service call that took like an hour and half which turned out to be a sales pitch for a Rain Soft system which was almost $5,000. It sounds good but it was really high pressure sales technique that we DO Not respond well to so no matter what we were NOT buying it last night when we were both tired and just wanted this lady to leave so we could get DS ready for bed. I actually told her I need to hear from fellow moms so here I am.

lizardgirl

Asked by lizardgirl at 10:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• I've heard of the company and know that it is a water softener. I don't have a system so I can't give you any insight into that product. However, this misleading "test" then a hard sell would SO turn me off the company I wouldn't buy from them even if I needed the service. If your water is hard, there are certainly plenty of water softeners that would cost way less than $5k out there. I say tell the Rain Soft lady thanks but no thanks then look elsewhere. At least that's my two cents...
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011