Diapers..

What size diapers and how many would you suggest getting for baby? I want to get some before baby come to help out in the long run

minirip

Asked by minirip at 11:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• To start..I would just get one big bag of newborns,1 big bag of size 1...and then wait till after he/she is born to see what fits best. My first 2 were in newborns at first but only for a couple weeks..and my 3rd baby...oh my..he was a chunky butt..never did fit in newborn diapers! had to go straight to size 1!!! LOL So I ended up giving away all the newborn diapers I had stocked up on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i would buy a big box of newborn size. even my 10 pounder fit into newborn size diapers for a short while. and like pp suggested you should get a box of the next size up, because at some point you will use those, and in the event your baby does not fit into newborn, you'll have the back up size.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• One pack of newborns, one pack of size 1, then see where you are. My first was 8 lbs 8 oz and was in newborns for a few weeks, my second was 8 lbs 3 oz and was in size 1 before a week was over. You should be pretty safe with size 1, but definitely don't get more than one pack of newborns until you see how they fit your baby and how quickly your baby grows.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would get size 1 as many as you can. I don't recommend newborn because they grow out of them pretty quick.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    minirip

Comment by minirip (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would get the small packs of newborns and 1s.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yeah, newborn size 1 should do. Get one for now. In case to small.
    crystol1982

Answer by crystol1982 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• A minimal amount of newborn size and a lot of size 1.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well when my daughter was born she was 6 lbs so the newborn size didnt even fit her well. We got preemie for the first few weeks because our doctor told us she was most likely to be small when she was born. Than once she hit about 8 lbs we put her in newborn/ size 1's.
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2011