Mmy boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago n we have a 8 month yr old and hasnt seen the baby ever since then ..his mom always wants to see him and tells me if she can take him and i always so no becuz i want my sons daddy to tell me can i take him do u think thats right on my part or do u think its ok cuz he doesnt want to be around

i need advise!!!!!!!!!!!

alexander138012

Asked by alexander138012 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Why deny grandma her grandchild? You CANT force Daddy to care by withholding visits from Grandma.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If his mom wants to see her grandchild I would let him. It isn't her fault or the baby's fault that the dad isn't around. Let the baby have a relationship with his grandmother. It may be helpful to you to have another babysitter available as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I depends on your age. If you are young and living with your parents, or older and living on your own. Before you guys broke up were ya'll living together?? Does he stay at his moms.?? Did HIS MOM spend time with the baby before the split up.. which leads me to .. DO U TRUST HER>>> * trying to get an idea, sorry for the questions* but 2 different things can happen and you as the mommy need to be safe....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i split with my ex and he hasnt seen his kids either but they maintain a relationship with his mom still. its not fair to her or the kids to loose that relationship just because their father is a jerk.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• im 17 yrs old and i did live with them but living with his parents was the worst......his mom didnt spend time with my son and if she did ten mins later she gives him back...so what i tell them is im not gonna stop you guys from seeing my lil man.. you guys can come to the house and see him and on the real i dont trust her she wants just wants to take him everywhere she doesnt really stay home
    alexander138012

Comment by alexander138012 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would let the grandma see her grandchild, the father will most likely go over there and see his kid, his mom is not going to get in the middle of that, she and her son probably already had a talk about it. You should just ask the father if he is going to see his kid when he goes over to his grandma house
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i mean i might sound stupid but they can come to the house.......i have bad memories that freak me out lol i think im just to scared to not be around my bby or i just cant get all this anger i have out
    alexander138012

Comment by alexander138012 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well you can invite the grandmother to places or over to dinner for starters to see how it is, then take it from there
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Chil
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Children can't have too many people love them. If she wants to be a grandma you should let her. She has no legal rights unless the father signs his over to her. This means that if at any time you feel she is a bad influence on your kid you can say no. Why not let her love your son? Her son is just immature, she obviously isn't and maybe she can lead by example.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011