WASHABLE markers...yeah right!! :(

So my DS just found his pack of markers and wrote ALL OVER his bedroom wall...i cant get it off with anything! I rent from a friend and I'll be devistated to have her see this! ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!!

sbenbenek

Asked by sbenbenek at 11:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Magic Eraser
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I tried it...it lightened it a bit, but its not taking it all the way out..
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Maybe try using rubbing alchohol? lol..idk if it will work but it helped to get permanant marker off my daughter :/
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ive heard tooth paste works great for that..

but i hear ya.. those washable bubbles are horrible too.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• washable out of fabric i guess, huh? lighten it up and grab a paint brush?? that's what i had to do many years ago!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Honestly, ask your friend if you can repaint. We bought a house with markers on the walls and I tried magic eraser (worked ok, but didn't get rid of it all) and bathroom cleaner with bleach (worked better than the magic eraser) but nothing got rid of it completly. Oh, and throw the markers out, you don't want to have to deal with this again. Good luck (c;
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• toothpaste does wonders..i go to the dollar store and buy whatever kind they have there. if that dosent work try a vinegar/baking powder mix
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• 409 or simple green?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Try construction orange cleaner. Works great.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• turns out...nailpolish remover just did the best i could get it! didn't do anything good for my manicure, and i'll probly still repaint because the texture looks different where i had to clean...but i feel ok about it...atleast now i can show i tried my butt off to clean it up...and Scout_mom...Markers are GONE!!! that was the first thing i did :)
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2011