Are these sinus infection symptoms???

Several yrs ago I went to a dr who diagnosed me w/ a sinus infection. My symptoms at the time were: pain at the base of my neck, headache, pain in temples, reallyno stuffiness or congestion. After a round of antibiotics and still no relief she sent me for an MRI which showed I had a sinus infection. She put me on a stronger RX and it cleared it up.
For the past 5 wks I have been congested and have had a sore throat on and off. Thursday night before bed I kept getting this pain above my left eye that lasted a few seconds. In the night when I would get up to potty and was up for the day the pain continued. I felt stuffy & congested. Not the same symptoms as my last diagnosis. I went to the same dr who again diagnosed me w/ a sinus infection. She put me on 2 (generic) pills of Omnicef a day and said if by Monday I wasn't feel better to let her know. I felt fine Saturday and Sunday. Monday I had a slight headache but not the pain above my eye or when I stood up. Same thing Tuesday. Tuesday night the pain above my ey started again. I called the dr and am waiting for a call back, assuming they will give me a stronger RX.
Do these symptoms match up w/ a sinus infection: stuffiness & congestion, pain / headache across my forehead, and pain above my eye when I stand up (after laying down or bending over) that lasts for a few seconds.

dragonflylovr19

Asked by dragonflylovr19 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like a sinus infection, probably due to seasonal allergies. You CAN develop allergies at any time in your life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Oh definitely. My worst illness was a sinus infection, I can't remember ever having as much pain in my head as that, especially when standing up or leaning over. Whatever caused you to have the stuffiness and congestion led to the sinus infection. Have you tried a neti pot? It flushes out your sinuses and gets rid of all the nastiness breeding in there.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thanks for the replies! I do a rinse DAILY with a bottle, not the neti pot! That is why I am so puzzled. Glad to hear I am on the right track! Still waiting for my dr to call back and for some relief!
    dragonflylovr19

Comment by dragonflylovr19 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It does sound like a sinus infection
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thanks for the replies! I am now on Zithromax for 5 days, then off for 5, then back on for 5. Hoping this takes care of
    dragonflylovr19

Comment by dragonflylovr19 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• **it**
    dragonflylovr19

Comment by dragonflylovr19 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011