My nausea is taking over what should i do to calm it down

Im sick throughout the whole day. I hav no appetite. Everything i eat or drink makes me sick. Everything i smell makes me sicks. I cant find ways to keep me comfortable or from making me sick.help. any ideas

lamartre06

Asked by lamartre06 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try eating saltine crackers, or suck on a lollipop
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I went through the same thing. You can get nausea medication from the doctor, that generally helps a lot. You can buy Sea Bands from the drugstore. They're stretch bands with pressure point beads that you wear on both your wrists. Those helped me. Plain potato chips like Pringles or Lays for some reason help. Try to get down Gatorade. I'd throw up water; but for some reason I could generally keep down Gatorade. Try flat sodas or ginger ale. The syrup is supposed to help too. I hope that helped a bit!
    lauriep219

Answer by lauriep219 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thank u. Yea i try crackers and it helps a lil i do want to try those bands i think it would help. Thanks
    lamartre06

Comment by lamartre06 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Ginger ale, ginger snaps, raw ginger, ginger tea, or ginger candy. hope im not being too subtle lol
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was like you and could not help anything done. I even had to spend time in the hosital for it so if bad I would see a doctor. But some things might work for you like 7-up, crackers, peppermint tea or gum or even hard candy, gingersnap cookies, eat small meals, sleep propped up. Those bands might work for sea sickness,popslice or frozen icees, jello might help, toast, for me it was fruit cups that worked best for me. Hang in there it does get better.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm a big fan of ginger when I have nausea. When I was pregnant I was addicted to Altoids Ginger mints and the ginger chews by Ginger People. http://www.puritan.com/herb-products-f-to-m-035/ginger-chews-original-029231?scid=3763&cm_mmc=GoogleProducts-_-Herb%20Products%20(F%20to%20M)-_-ginger-chews-original-_-029231
    I was able to buy both of them at World Market.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I drank water with LOTS of lemon and ate salt and vinegar chips. For me, sour foods I could keep down with my son.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Dry foods like bread, crackers, stuffing, liquids like pedialite, water, juice, maybe smoothies or instant breakfast, and mints, peppermints, or licorice is supposed to be soothing for the stomach but I don't know if you'll be able to handle the smell or taste of the licorice right now, otherwise call your doctor and see if you can take something like pepto-bismol.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes is seems like everything doesn't help. Ill try sippin liquids. I throw up. The smell of everything... gras. Every foods. To toliet water lol. Everything. I throw up. Cold food. Soups. Breads. Nothin. And because I can't eat I kno I'm not gettin thenutrition I need . Candy... nope. Lol I'm glad I have the nausea cus I gues it let's me know my hormones are workin but geez the whole day... lol but thanks u guys
    lamartre06

Comment by lamartre06 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011