HAVENT BEEN TO THE DOCTORS YET???

ok so i am 13 weeks and 3 days and i STILL havent been to the doctors!! i have no health insurance and i had applied for medicaid and i just now finally got all that sorted out and i made an appointment for monday... is it really bad i havent been yet for my whole first trimester? with my son i went in at like 4 weeks and i found out like 3 days before i missed my period this time so its been a couple months and its been killing me not knowing if everything is ok!! sometimes i get a feeling like i might be getting ready to start my period like that weird feeling but i dont get cramps or anything and i fear that its my cervix dilating and then if i stand fast or even at all really i get these occational like sharp stabbing pains in my lower stomach but i looked that up and it said that its called round ligament pain and its very common, ive had no cramping or bleeding, and its hard to tell how everything is because im not far enough to feel anything moving, but i can feel my uterus in my lower stomach so i know i must be growing right?? then last night i had like a killer migraine but i have been having some sinus problems so i figured it was like a sinus headache... i dont know i just cant wait to go to the doc and get my blood work and everything but is it really bad i havent went yet and am going on 14 weeks?? also do you think theyll send me for an ultrasound to check if dates are the same with my development and stuff?? bc i have this feeling like im having twins so id really like to get a look in there and see what i have going on lol... any advise is appreciated :)

mbright3747

Asked by mbright3747 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, most doctors don't want to see you until your 9-10 weeks anyways, so your only off by about a month.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Also, it all depends on your doctor. If you have had regular periods, then they probably won't send you for an us to check dates. Also, unless your measuring big, they won't send you to check for twins,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• You're fine! Are you taking pre-natal vitamins and trying to eat healthy? Be sure to drink plenty of water. I know many people who NEVER go to a doctor their whole pregnancy. As long as you are taking care of yourself, you will be fine.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes im taking prenatals and i have cut most of my caffeine intake out and ive been eating healthier... i just want to have an ultrasound so they can look at everything and see that its normal! lol
    mbright3747

Comment by mbright3747 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My doc always does a vaginal 8 wk ultrasound so its possible they will do one on you (although idk if it will be vaginal since you are 14 wks) I didnt find out I was pregnant with my 1st until I was 16 wks and he is perfectly fine so I wouldn't freak yet. Ive had friends that go to the same dr as me that said they couldnt fit them in until 12 and 13 wks so I dont think that you are as bad off as your fears are telling you. You have done the smart thing by waiting for medicaid bc I didnt I went first and got it later and they wouldnt accept it since I didnt start on it. You are taking the pills and being healthy so it sounds like you are doing all they would tell you to do.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• As long as you're before 5 months you should be ok. I had trouble during my last pregnancy too. I didn't have insurance and my husband was making like a hundred dollars too much for Medicaid at that point in the year. So, I was just going to go to a health unit and pay like $10 a visit for a couple months until his work slacked off and I could then get Medicaid. But, of coarse, that's when they started cutting funds and the health unit stopped doing maternity. I wasn't too worried though because I had already had two healthy and easy pregnancies, births, and babies until I finally got the Medicaid and couldn't seem to find a doctor that would take me because I was exactly 5 months at the time which I was horrified that there's apparently a cut off. But I finally found a doctor and the pregnancy, birth, and baby were just fine. The doctor even said, "If only they could all be that easy", at the birth.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I didn't get medicaid until I was like 10 weeks, not too big of a difference. I
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I didn't see a Dr. until 5 months, and I just gave birth to a healthy baby boy... Take care of yourself!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• you will be fine as long as you was taking care of you body and eating right
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 2:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011