What is your experience with Hughesnet?

our connection is horrible. is there anything I can do to make it run faster? we are already paying the $100 package.

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 11:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Technology

• We have this too and pay the lower amount, $59. We have alot of trees where we live and sometimes a breeze, and of course rain/snow can affect the connection. High speed internet is still not available in our area. : (
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• ugh... all I want to do is harvest on my facebook farm! I'm a slave to Farmville :(
    TXColter

Comment by TXColter (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I had Hughesnet & kept upgrading because of the slow connection. Didn't make a bit of difference. Hughesnet is extremely expensive but we payed it because we live out in the country and didn't have any other options until a month ago when we saw a commercial for a new internet provider that is local and half the price. The only thing to beware of is that when/if you ever cancel after your contract is up,, they will make it as hard as possible to disconnect your service and will continue to send you a bill even w/the dish and everything not intact. We had a new satellite put up and had disconnected everything of theirs...my husband was on the phone for over an hour more than once trying to make someone understand he was no longer going to use their service and didn't want it. I think they're based out of Thailand..? lol Good luck!!

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 11:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• oh wow, what a nightmare, he had already told them to come get their satellite off our house, they didn't but he mostly was threatening to leave out of anger.... we want at&t u-verse but it's not available in our subdivision :(
    TXColter

Comment by TXColter (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011