This hit close to home..

Afghan soldier opens fire on NATO troops...killing 9 Americans. This happened at the Kabul airport.

Many of you know my dh just returned from a NATO deployment to Afghanistan. This was his base. Preliminary info seems to indicate he knew & worked closely with some of those killed.

Please take a moment to remember these soldiers while not deployed with the US they were still American soldiers..a moment for them and their families please.

I suppose this isn't really a question..more of a news story for your thoughts. If Fox doesn't work for you please feel free to find your own source..I don't see how this topic could be controversial.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/27/afghan-official-afghan-officer-fires-nato/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• im sorry 

Prayers said, God bless them and their families, I am so glad your dh was back home.

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• american flag ribbon

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• these men and their families will be in my prayers along with ALL the men, women and families that serve our country :( heartbreaking story
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 11:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• :(
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 11:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm so sorry for the families and am thankful your dh made it home safely. And Fox works just great for me :)
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wow. I'm so sorry for the loss of these men. :-(
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Scary for sure. These men and women need to come home. Afghanistan is a lost cause and Obama never should have escalated the war since we all knew he wasn't going all in. Unfortunately I doubt he will bring many (if any) home this summer as he has promised
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I also heard that he was a Taliban 'plant'. I'm glad your guy is home, ysk.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thoughts and prayers to the fallen, their families and those that knew and loved them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Praying for the families of the fallen and for all our troops and their familes.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011