~~Did Your Little One Go To Preschool ?~~

Both of mine did for 2 years from age 3-4 but the will both be in Elemantry school together this year my 6 year old will be heading into 1st grade and now 5 year old will be head into kindergarten

Mom2lovingboys

Asked by Mom2lovingboys at 11:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He is in 4 year old preschool now (he just turned 5 on April 8). Kindergarten here we come!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My son is excited he told me the other day mommy I get to go to big boy school now like my big brother
    Mom2lovingboys

Comment by Mom2lovingboys (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We just had kindergarten roundup today. Dd enjoyed it. :) It will be weird. All my kids will be in school.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We just had kindergarten roundup today. Dd enjoyed it. :) It will be weird. All my kids will be in school. So anyway.. no they didn't go to preschool. Just went to kindergarten.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my 2 kids went to head start then vpk then kg.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, my kids did not go to preschool. The majority of schools around us are daycares and they will only take kids for 6-8 hours a day, everyday. I became a SAHM because my income did not cover daycare if needed(luckily DH makes enough for me to be able to stay home). The few true preschools didn't speak English as the main language(Spanish or Arabic, neither of which my DD or DS has been exposed to yet) or are strongly culture based in a culture I am not comfort sending a child to. My DD will be going to kindergarten this fall and the school told me that many of the student start with no formal schooling before.
    That is not to say she knows nothing. She knows her letters, number and can spell and recognize her name and her brother's name. Among other things.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes, my DD is in pre-school now and will start pre-k in the fall! :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We tried to get our older daughter into head start but because we did not live in the low income housing area she was denied (even though we met the income requirements, we just didn't live in the right area). After that we opted to do preschool at home. When our younger daughter was old enough she did preschool at home too. Both of our kids were well ahead of their head start counterparts once they hit kindergarten. We were so glad we opted to take care of preschool on our own.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes. All 3 of my older kids went to a private preschool, my 2 yo starts in the fall, and my 9 month old will start when she's 2.

Answer by missanc at 3:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My daughter has been in preschool since the fall and she has another year of preschool to go then she'll be in kindergarten :)
    krystyneh

Answer by krystyneh at 2:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011