Need Recipe Help

My boyfriend is a Sailor in the navy living in the barracks. We are trying to figure out a way to allow him to have home cooked meals. Considering it is more cost effective. He does not have access to a kitchen. I was looking for recipes that your family enjoys that you are willing to share to make for him and our family.

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'm not understanding....do you have a kitchen to cook in...and he doesn't, and you're going to cook for him, or do you need recipes that can be cooked in a crockpot, toaster oven, or microwave?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have the kitchen and am going to be cooking for him i just need some recipes to try because i do not have too much experience in the kitchen
    victoriak12708

Comment by victoriak12708 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• will he have access to reheat them in a kitchen or just a microwave thing?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My guess would be things like lasagna, pizza, brownies, mac and cheese, meatloaf, burritos, cookies, muffins, can check website for taste of home or quick cooking for good recipes. Stuff easy to pack and can carry. Cook everything in alumincan pans so can just throw things out for easy clean up.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes he will be able too
    victoriak12708

Comment by victoriak12708 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• He should have a microwave at least in his barracks and a small fridge, You can make him easy to heat meals stored in plastic containers so he can reheat them. Fried rice, grilled chicken, bags of salad, Spaghetti and meatballs, anything quick n easy!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Does he have a crock pot? That would be one easy way for him to even make his own homemade meals sometime, because he can put the crock pot on the counter, put all the ingredients in in the morning, and have it done when he gets ready for dinner.

As for you cooking for him, one of the best things to do is to cook huge batches of easy to heat meals, separate them into individual plastic containers and freeze them. That way you aren't having to cook all the time, and he's got easy meals ready to go. Good things to cook in bulk and freeze are chili, stew, lasagna, pot pies, stuff like that. You can message me for recipes or do what I do and go to wwwallrecipes.com and look up whatever you feel like cooking. You can sort it by rating and read reviews so you know what you are making is good!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011