Birth control question

I've heard about alot of people getting preg. while taking birth control. Is it mainly due to them not taking it as directed? I've heard depo is 99% effective, yet also heard that several women have gotten preg. while on it. From what I know it can stop you from having your period..so how did you know you were preg?? Does it hurt the baby if you get the shot & when ur preg but didn't know you were?? Is one Birth control better then the other or is it just try one and hope for the best??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• pretty much its just try them and figure out what works best for you. and anybody can get prego on bc even if you take it as directed but you have a better chance of NOT getting prego of you take it right.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 6:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• before going on depo they do a test to see if you are PG. You get a shot every 3 months and I did not get my period. Now I am using condoms b/c I do not trust man made meds b/c I am still nursing. GL
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• They don't do a preg test each time you get ur shot, right?? so how do u even figure out if you get preg while on it, since you don't really have a period to skip? Does having kids affect how you may "react" to the bc? For example...Say you were on depo or on the pill for years, then stopped had a child then went back on the same BC, would it still be the same as when you were on it before?? Sorry for all the stipid questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2008