Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If i am wanting to start my own spousal infidelity detective business in the future...

would i need any kind of special schooling or training?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • you would need a license. but im not to sure how to obtain that license. google it, it should give you all the information

    Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Yes, from a liability standpoint. Hubby has his own corporate security and investigative services business. There are licenses that are required by the state so you would need formal training to acquire those licenses. Honestly, between the license fees and insurance that you would be required to pay, I don't think you'd make a living by offering only infidelity syping services; you'd have to expand to ALL investigative services (for which you would probably require several licenses) and even then, the income would be supplemental at best.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • I think you have to be a licensed investigator to do that. It is a special certificate at criminal college's.

    Answer by vbruno at 12:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • Anonymous- I honestly don't see how my costs would outweigh what i may potentially bring in. I have looked up license fees & they are not that expensive also insurance for a business such as this would only be around 200 to 400 a year.


    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

  • You would more than likely need a Private Investators license depending on your state. I agree with anonymous though. Expand it to more than just that service. Starting a business costs more than just insurance and licensing. You will need money for advertising, equipment (digital camera with long range zoom), recording devices, contract forms, classes to keep your certification current, etc.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 1:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.