Has anyone tried...

HCG supplements to lose weight?
Thanks!!

mkdirector2011

Asked by mkdirector2011 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Ditto musicpisces. I've lost all my extra weight and gotten in the best shape of my life naturally. It's taken a while, but it's taught me strength and perseverance and didn't require me swallowing or injecting hormones or foreign substances into my body. Bust your butt and do it the right way, and you'll never regret it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• hCG drops/supplements for dieting are DANGEROUS. Any diet that limits you to 5-800 calories a day should be avoided. As soon as you stop eating that way, you'll gain back every ounce and more, because your metabolism will be slower.

Please read these:

http://factoidz.com/the-health-risks-of-the-hcg-diet/

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/hcg-diet/

Note that the risks include DEATH.  I'd strongly advise you to avoid this diet.

I've lost 60 lbs in the last year eating clean, and I feel great.  Even better, this is something I can keep up for the rest of my life, which means the pounds will STAY off.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my sister in law currently uses the injections. they were working at first. but stopped after the first week. she lost about 7 pounds and she kept her calorie intake down to 600 cals. she goes to the gym. but now (about a month of using) she doesnt really notice them helping her loose the weight
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My sister-in-law and her family use/sell Herbalife products and they have lost tons of weight. Her dad lost 50 pounds in three months which made them believers at first. Good luck to you.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• thank you!!
    mkdirector2011

Comment by mkdirector2011 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2011