Is any job beneath you?

This isn't really directed at anyone in particular... Just a vent. I was talking to a family member who has not worked in months. This person was offered a job as waitstaff at another family members restaurant and they turned it down. They said they were to qualified for the job. This job would have paid well and given them income. It would have allowed them to quit sponging off of family.

If you were out of work, and were offered a job that was flexible in hours would you turn it down because you thought you were over qualified?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No job is beneath me. If it means putting food on the table and keeping a roof over my head, I would do most anything (nothing illegal, unethical, etc.)
    Anonymous

• ugh.. we know too many people like that.. we both agreed we would do whatever we had to do for our family..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would be there money is money
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think when you have NO job, ANY job is good enough for you
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Well, I won't be a prostitute, or a drug dealer..but, nope, nothing else is off limits. HAha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No and people who turn down work because they are "too qualified" should have any and all assistance revoked.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• And no job is beneath me ever.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree. No job is beneath me. If I found myself unemployed and without any prospects for several months, you can bet I'd be walking into fast-food restaurants and asking if they were hiring.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I wouldnt say its beaneath me, but i am thoroughly grossed out by the idea of being a porter. I have a rule about toilets. I only clean my own.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 1:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Haha.. Drug dealer of prostitute. Although...If it seriously came down to keeping my kid fed.... I might be tempted.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011