What seasoning would you use?? easy dinner but need some help :)

I am planning on an easy pasta roni alfredo dinner with the 1 lb chicken add in for dinner..... it says to cut into one inch pieces and sautee in the butter...

question 1: what seasoning would you add to the chicken and butter?

questions 2: Do i double the butter and milk and water if i am making two boxes? I assumed you would but need some assurance lol

Thanks! :)

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 1:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I like the idea of adding garlic and maybe some mushrooms. Yes, if you do two boxes, you'll want to double the butter, water, and milk as the liquid will cook down and thicken into sauce--it will also cook the noodles.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Id use some rosemary and basil and some garlic or shallots
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would double up BUT if you're using a mix then odds are its already loaded with seasonings...and salt...when you add the chicken to the sauce and the pasta the chicken will absorb it...I wouldn't add any seasonings if you're doing it that way...however, if it's from scratch, the the other suggestions are good :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would do onions and garlic and maybe sme parsley.

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes id also double up on those things
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 1:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes, you use 2x the amount if you are using 2 boxes. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Garlic and oregano
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I use a lemon-pepper seasoning when I'm making shrimp or chicken alfredo. As for the ratio question, I don't know. It's not too hard to make a homemade sauce and cook the noodles...so that, usually what I do. Have a recipe if you're interested!
    politicschick

Answer by politicschick at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yummy mushrooms sounds delish and maybe some sun dried tomato and garlic. Then right at the end add a splash of white wine and let it simmer down. I like thyme or oregano with the sauce and I have a thing for black pepper. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley for color.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I would sautee the chicken with some onions and minced garlic, and add in a little bit of italian seasoning. And yes double your other ingredients. Even though the box mix probably has a lot of seasoning, it's better to season your meat before it cooks so the meat absorbs flavor also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2011