Weight Watchers - Weight Watchers points plus progam

Are you on this? how's it going? and can you share the method on how it works?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been doing it since December and love it - down 30 pounds without starving myself or feeling deprived.

It's not, however, a program you can pick up in a Q&A room and run with. Points are calculated with a specific mathematic formula using fiber, fat, carbs and protein to identify who many points-plus an recipe or food item is. The exact formula is not published, you have to have a points calculator or the app on the Android or iPhone to figure it out. The gist, however, is the same as the old program - you get a set amount of points. YOu can eat anything you want within that points range. Food higher in fiber and/or protein tend to be lower points+ than foods higher in carbs and/or fat. Fruit and Veggies are typically no points at all but the 'free' fruits are compensated for in the higher point values assigned to foods that used to be lower in value under the old plan.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't like the Points Plus program as much as I liked the program that they had 8 or so years ago. I think this one is more difficult to follow and sometimes the points from the online recipe builder don't make sense.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have used both programs. I really like this new one much, much better. They should have changed it years ago. They give you a pretty good description of it on WWonline of how it works now and how they get their formula. I really like the recipe builder, I use it all the time for all my fave recipes, so you don't have to guess how much your meals/snacks are. It does the work for you.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I found it hard to use and would much rather count calories than try to guess how many points meals are.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OP - I had no problem reading online before purchasing. I only joined 4 weeks ago and I just checked and you can still read about the new program without joining.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My sister and step-dad did that program together last year. She lost over thirty pounds and he lost almost 60 (with a gym membership and dad was going 6 days a week.) As soon as they "fell off the wagon" they both gained the weight back...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• thx ya but its not free info. they want ya to joing of course or pay a monthly fee
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2011