In light of all of the recent this party and that party bashing and questioning of the government and how things in America work-

I found this article. It hits really close to home for me. Please read it, and if any part of it resonates with you then please share it with others. By the end I was crying in frustration.

http://americathegrimtruth.wordpress.com/

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 1:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a blog post, not an article.
    Anonymous

• Sorry- Blog!
    meandrphoto

Comment by meandrphoto (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The author of this blog sounds like a coward. Didn't like the number of vacation days and felt like he was being worked like a "dog" and left for a more simpler life. America came to be a great nation because of our strong work ethics... America was not founded on entitlements. America provides education for all. In many Asian countries, middle students have to test (like our ACT/SAT) just to get into high school... Should America adopt that practice?
    Single Payer Healthcare? In Many Countries, kidney/liver/etc transplants are NOT covered by their Government health care. Nor are their Prostate screenings (for instance) as advanced as America. So, those citizens TRAVEL to America for care. Should America reduce the level of research and care and adopt the Universal rationed care system?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm sure most responses will state how if the author would just work harder and be more successful none of his points would even be an issue.
     I agree with most of what he said.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Hm. Interesting blog. That's his opinion. Maybe I'm a "blind american" but I enjoy the United States. It is my home and I support it. He's entitled to think whatever he wants, though.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sounds like he is a Michael Moore wannabe.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree with a lot  of what he said.  It's the middle class who is loosing out in this country, while we sit  by letting it happen.  People are brainwashed by media like Fox news, acting like good little puppets.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sorry OP, I couldn't even finish the "article." The author is a crybaby and if he will never live in the US again then I say good riddance.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• LOL...the author is entitled to HIS opinion, but I'm not?!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Top Ten countries with a high quality of life: Canada, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Irelane, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia and Japan. That's out of 195 countries. Doesn't mean we have a bad quality of life, compared to most countries, I'd say we're doing just fine. It simply means we don't have as high of a quality of life as the top 10. Can't have everything, and can't always be the best.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2011