I have a nasty problem...

Not what you're thinkin. LOL My fridge has an automatic ice maker and water dispenser...the area that catches the water is sooo nasty. It has like hard water stains on it. I have tried bleach and alchol, nearly all cleaners known to man...I need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Maybe try vinegar and baking soda? I used this to clean something (can't remember what, lol) that was tough. I put the soda on the stain and then put vinegar on top of that. The idea was to let it bubble and it would break down the problem. It worked great for me. I used a brush to work it in after it sat for just a bit.
    iltemprd

Answer by iltemprd at 4:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I don't know if this is safe, but I would imagine if it safe for my fish it would be safe for you. I have this great hard water remover for the aquarium. I have used it on a sink in our house too. It worked very well.  I say check the pet store.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 4:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• A good solution for hard water buildup is to soak the parts in warm/hot (NOT boiling) vinegar (if they are removable). If they aren't removable, just pour it on and let it sit for awhile.
    If you try the vinegar/ baking soda that one PP suggested, be aware that a little baking soda goes a long way! It fizzes & bubbles a lot!
    Hope that helps!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Good question... I'll be checking back.... I have that problem too! LOL Thanks!
    DravensMama

Answer by DravensMama at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• CLR spray. It's the Calcium, Lime and Rust remover stuff. Works like a charm, although I do rewash it with regular dishwashing liquid later, just to make sure all the chemicals are gone.
    Violin_Mom

Answer by Violin_Mom at 1:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008