I have medium brown hair, very fair skin, and hazel eyes. What shade of red hair would look good on me?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Red can be tricky to do if you want any sort of light red. It would have to be done at a salon. If you want to do it yourself I would get like red red if you want something that stands out and if you want a more subtle color i would get a medium or dark auburn
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm a strawberry blonde with very fair skin and hazel eyes. I'd recommend doing strawberry blonde instead of full on red. Blonde and red go well together with the fairer skin and hazel eyes. I agree with whoever suggested a salon though because red is tricky, anyway.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have very fair skin and very light blue eyes and I do mine this color This isn't me, but my hair is this color

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Start subtle, go for a mahogany or auburn color just a few shades redder than your natural color. If you like that and want to go redder, keep going redder by slow shades until you hit a color you like that looks good.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i like that pic a lot
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• im also fair skinned and have blue/green eyes..my hair is a darker strawberry blonde natrally and like a gold copper color in the summertime..i would also recommend strawberry blonde
    dmcmillan88

Answer by dmcmillan88 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm actually a stylist, so I think I can handle it myself, lol. I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are. Thanks.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Beware of red. As a stylist you know that red is hard to keep. It washes out quickly. But I would go with a deep auburn or a almost crimson color.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011