If you could keep your kids at a certain age would you?

I would say no of course, but I love the age they are at now 2 & 4 so sweet. They are growing so fast & I worry about "teen" years but hope for the best : )

YOU?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I said at 2 we want to keep him at 2...
    he's 3 now and I told him he can't turn 4 because that would be too hard for Mommy to deal with ( to which he laughed and said he is going to anyway )
    I want it but don't also -I think I am just trying really hard to enjoy every age stage and phase.. regardless of how trying they can be
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have moments where I think that but no, I would not. My oldest is off to college in the fall and I can't believe how fast it's gone but much of the joy I have as a mother has been watching them grow. Definitely bittersweet!
    Anonymous

• I really LOVE the age my daughter is. She just turned 1 a month ago & completely reminds me of Boo on Monsters, Inc. She walks around babbling and there will be an occasional familiar word, and then points at EVERYTHING with wide eyes like that light bulb is the most amazing thing she's ever seen. All I have to do to get her to laugh is cross my eyes or make fart noises (although the fart noises also work with my 6 year old lol).
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Maxsmom11807 ... I have to laugh at your response because I've been telling my son that I will not allow him to turn 18 (his birthday is in a few weeks)!! As much as it amazes me just how quickly the time goes, it really hits me when I stop and think of my youngest since she's my last and she'll be 11 (already) next month (though acts as if she's going on 16). I am loving every minute of it though!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• 3 & 5.... one in school that I could 'play school' with after school, and one at home still baby-like. OOOO What adorable little faces I had smiling at me all the time and OOOO how addicting their little hugs were. (awwww now you've made me misty-eyed)
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No. My oldest is 20, my youngest is 4. Every stage of life is a new adventure. I wouldn't want to miss what is next for any of them.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My kid is eight right now and thinking she can be a Holy Terror and get away with it. Somedays I think nine has to be better. Then she pops off with something sweet. And I know those moments are going to get farther apart as time goes on.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sometimes I wish my kids were babies again, especially my 6 and 5 year old girls, but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing the kind of adults they become. In the mean time I have three friends who had babies in the last year, a cousin who had a baby 4 days ago and I'm currently pregnant with my 5th child so I've got plenty of babies to play with. I told my 5 year old today I wished she was a baby again, she asked why, I said because babies don't talk back or stomp off when they get mad.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I told my son that he's not allowed to have any more birthdays (he just turned 5). LOL.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I like the newborn phase (right after they start sleeping through the night) but once they start growing and learning I love that too. I don't want to keep my oldest at an age but I would like to hurry and speed past this talking back attitude misbehaving stage ( yes I know that would be the rest of his life) oh well... we can dream cant we.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2011